V&A Service Centre – Repairs and Reconditioning
Vereeniging Service Centre
Cell: 083 656 4254
Jannie Janse van Rensburg
(Service Centre Manager)
Cell: 082 412 9131
Durban Service Centre
Cell: 083 230 0649
(Service Centre Manager)
Cell: 083 783 7031
Repairs & Reconditioning
Factory accredited facilities are available in both Vereeniging and Durban where skilled technicians with knowledge and extensive experience carry out the required repairs and reconditioning using OEM components. All final testing is done to appropriate industry and plant standards.
Valve Automation Centre
These centres assemble all valve and actuator packages complete with positioners, switch boxes and all associated instrumentation and accessories to meet your plant requirements. Emergency shutdown valves (ESD) with partial stroke testing (PST) devices are routinely assembled and tested.
Specialist Schroedahl repair and reconditioning services
- V&A have successfully repaired and reconditioned hundreds of Schroedahl TDK, TDL and SUL automatic recirculation valves over the last 25 years.
- Identifying which internal component has been worn or has failed, then returning the valve back to new is part of our on-going service.
- This support service ensures that our clients get maximum life and performance from their capital equipment with the knowledge that we have highly skilled technical specialists on hand to support them at all times.
- Automatic recirculation valves also known as pump protection units or leak off valves are use for the protection of centrifugal pumps when operating at low flow conditions.
Service Centre Services & Capabilities
With a wealth of experience and expertise, we repair almost every type and size of manual valve, control valve and actuator. Our capabilities range from small regulators to large bore ball, butterfly, triple offset valves and steam conditioning control valves with all the expertise that is required to assure all customer requirements are fulfilled.
Valve types refurbished
- Automatic recirculation valves for pump protection
- Ball valves
- Butterfly valves
- Control valves - rotary and linear / sliding stem / reciprocating
- Check valves
- Knife gate valves
- Plug valves
- Steam conditioning valves and desuperheaters
- Triple offset valves
Actuator types refurbished
Routine repair services include
- Strip and clean
- Sand / shot blast
- Seat welding repairs
- Seat grinding & lapping
- Hydrostatic body test
- Seat leakage test
- Spray painting
- In house inspection and acceptance
- End user final acceptance test (FAT)
- Mounting of actuators to valves
- Mounting of positioners to actuators
- Calibration of positioners
- To complement our in house service department, we are able to provide on-site service whether you have a breakdown, or an outage, we can deliver the same high standard.
- Our technicians are skilled in the repair of most makes of valve positioners including diagnostics.
Inspection and Quality Assurance
- Quality Assurance system approved to ISO 9001 : 2015 and audited annually by SGS. All records are held on computer.
Seat Leakage Tests
- Seat leakage tests are done to the appropriate industry standard and to suit plant requirements.
- Hydrostatic pressure testing of valve bodies to the appropriate industry standards.